Deadline: 6th August 2023
The ILGA World Conference will take place in Cape Town, 11-15 November 2024.
Kwa umoja we rise!
This gathering of ILGA World members, other LGBTI organisations, and civil society at large provides a great space to connect, learn, collaborate, coordinate, discuss and agree on future strategies for the global LGBTI movement. Sessions – in the form of panel discussions, workshops and Rainbow Talks are a fundamental part of it.
Experiences, good practices and knowledge will be shared to help the global LGBTI movement advance equality and freedom for all human beings, regardless of their sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, and sex characteristics.
ILGA conferences are diverse and engaging because much of the content is proposed and run by LGBTI organisations and other partners from around the world. We are accepting session proposals made by either organisations or individuals. Proposals will be reviewed by the ILGA World conference programme committee set up for this purpose. If your session proposal is accepted, we will provide you with more details about next steps. You are strongly encouraged to partner with other human rights defenders, activists and organisations to pool knowledge and expertise. Please note that you may also be asked by ILGA World to work with another group that has made a proposal similar to yours.
Session Selection Criteria
Proposals are an opportunity to suggest a topic, format and presenters for an engaging session. Successful proposals will:
- make a strong contribution to furthering debates that are of relevance to global, regional or local LGBTI activism
- feature presenters that represent diverse SOGIESC identities/population groups
- have presenters from different organisations (3 or more), regions (2 or more) or countries (3 or more)
- be relevant to a diverse and broad range of people
- be engaging and interactive
- include multi-disciplinary perspectives
- promote and provide spaces for intersex people, trans people, bi+ people, LBQ women, young people and people from the Global South (amongst others)
- have relevance in regard to the conference theme ‘Kwa umoja we rise!’
We shall notify you if your session has been selected or not by January 2024.
If you are a person living with a disability(ies) and require further assistance in filling out this form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org , and we will work to provide you with an alternative format that is accessible to you, or provide direct assistance.
IMPORTANT: Please note that your proposal being accepted does not mean that you or other presenters will receive financial support from ILGA World to attend the 2024 Conference in Cape Town. You will still need to pay the conference fee. If necessary, you should look for funding to support your participation. You and other presenters who would like to attend can also apply for an ILGA World scholarship. If your session proposal is accepted but is unable to go ahead, you must inform ILGA World immediately so that your session slot can be given to somebody else.