Deadline: 19 May 2023
The LearningPlanet Youth Fellows community is a global initiative that seeks to identify and connect young leaders who are passionate about our four key focus areas: education, environmental sustainability, well-being and human rights. Our community brings together a diverse group of young people, aged 12-25, from all over the world to exchange ideas, learn new skills, and develop innovative solutions to pressing global challenges.
Our goal is to create a community of young leaders who can drive positive change in their communities and beyond. Through the community, Youth Fellows will have the opportunity to collaborate with like-minded individuals, participate in workshops and events, and gain access to a wide range of resources and support. Our current and past Youth Fellows have benefited greatly from their involvement in our community, and the opportunities it gave them to connect with other young people with similar goals and aspirations. Find testimonials from our Youth Fellows on our website.
Nominating Youth Fellows from the AASU network can bring a range of benefits to both the young people you nominate and your organisation as a whole, including:
- Creating opportunities for young people to connect with a global network of gamechangers and experts, gain valuable knowledge and exposure, and build their capacity to create positive social change.
- Providing access to a range of youth-focused opportunities from LearningPlanet members and partners, as well as our five Circles, notably our Ubuntu Learning Circle.
- Supporting young people in your own local community, and also contributing to shaping the future of education and sustainability on a global level.
Why become a Youth Fellow?
- Your work deserves to be highlighted and amplified on a global stage.
- By becoming a LearningPlanet Youth Fellow, you’ll be able to be part of a growing, empowered community of inspiring young individuals from around the world!
What are the benefits?
- Being recognised as a LearningPlanet Youth Fellow.
- Connecting with fellow gamechangers online and at community events, such as at the yearly Youth fellows Assembly
- Participating in LearningPlanet Circles
- Exposure via interviews and social media
- Showcasing of your work at the global LearningPlanet Festival
- Access to youth-focused opportunities emanating from LearningPlanet members and partners (volunteering, internships, events, etc.)
How to apply
Applying is easy, you just need:
- A photo that represents you
- A short biography (aim for 300 characters)
- Information about initiatives you are involved in
- What makes you excited to be a LearningPlanet Youth Fellow
- If under 18 : Your parents signed consent (more info in the form)
Click here to apply.
Applications are reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Your level of engagement in initiatives for social change.
- The clarity of your presentation and vision.
- Your focus on one of the following social impact topics: Education, Health & Well-being, Rights, or Sustainability.
You’ll receive a response from us in 2 weeks!
Click here to view the original post by LearningPlanet.