Who we are
Improved Sexual Health & Rights Advocacy Initiative (ISHRAI) is an LGBTQI+-led organization that advocates for an enabling environment where sexual minorities are respected and protected irrespective of their sexual orientation, gender identity, and sexual characteristics -SOGIESC.
The Director of Programs will play a pivotal role in overseeing all aspects of program management and external fundraising activities for ISHRAI. You will be responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring programs that support our mission while seeking funding from donors outside the organization.
Program Development and Management:
- Design and execute programs, initiatives, and campaigns that align with our organization’s mission and goals.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure effective program planning, execution, and evaluation.
- Monitor and report on program progress, outcomes, and impact.
Fundraising and Donor Relations:
- Identify, cultivate, and maintain relationships with potential donors foundations, and partners.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies to secure financial support for the organization.
- Prepare grant proposals, donor pitches, and reports to secure funding.
- Build and strengthen partnerships with LGBTQ+ community organizations, activists, and stakeholders.
- Organize community events, workshops, and outreach programs to raise awareness and engage the LGBTQ+ community.
Advocacy and Awareness:
- Work closely with the leadership team to advocate for LGBTQ+ rights and raise awareness of LGBTQ+ issues in Nigeria.
- Represent the organization at conferences, meetings and public events.
- Minimum of a graduate degree in any relevant discipline, MSc and other professional certification on relevant field is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in program management, preferably in the nonprofit sector.
- Proven track record of successful fundraising and donor relations.
- Strong knowledge of LGBTQ+ issues and challenges in Nigeria.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and team management abilities.
- Proficiency in using fundraising software and tools.
- Experience working with LGBTQ+ organizations or advocacy groups.
- Familiarity with the Nigerian LGBTQ+ legal and social landscape.
How to Apply
To apply, kindly send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com Please refer to the job title in the subject line when applying by email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.