Deadline – October 4th, 2023
Who we are
East Africa Trans Health and Advocacy Network is a network of trans*diverse activists and organizations in East Africa. We have 24-member activist representatives and organizations based in Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda. Our mission is to equip and enable East African trans* diverse individuals and institutions, to organize and advocate for the improvement of their health, the recognition of their gender, and the protection of their human rights, utilizing informed research and documentation, particularly on health and HIV, and by enhancing their livelihoods through capacity strengthening and empowerment. We work under 3 main pillars.
The criteria for a potential Board Member shall be:
– Be a representative of a member organization of EATHAN- Paid membership fee
– Identify as intersex, trans or non-binary person
– Have good rapport with their organisation
– Have at least 3 years experience in ITGNC activism in their country & the East African region
– Have relatively good and consistent internet connection for online meetings, email exchanges and other online media
– At least have a relatively good understanding of English and/or Swahili as these are the primary languages used at the moment
– Commit to full participation during the duration of their term
The information provided on this form shall be used to develop a candidate profile to be shared with the membership for constitution of the Board.
ITGNC persons from East Africa are welcome to apply.
Click here to apply.