Who we are
Improved Sexual Health & Rights Advocacy Initiative (ISHRAI) is an LGBTQI+-led organization that advocates for an enabling environment where sexual minorities are respected and protected irrespective of their sexual orientation, gender identity, and sexual characteristics -SOGIESC.
The purpose of the Counselor Tester’s position is to live among the community and directly implement the project activities at the beneficiary level. They are responsible for providing HIV Testing Services to patients and clients seeking services at the community and OSS using voluntary counselling and testing (VCT), Safe and Ethical Index Testing, HIV Self Testing, and other novel HTS approaches.
- Mobilization of peers for community outreaches
- Coordinate community outreaches in their Local Government Areas
- Filling of appropriate on-field data tools
- Ensure 100% linkages and retention of clients to care.
- Other duties as assigned by the Programs Manager
- Must possess at least a West African Senior Secondary School Certificate
- Ability to connect with others and forge strong relationships
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Basic knowledge of Health issues facing the MSM community in Lagos state.
- Ability to conduct HIV Testing services
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work within a team and follow the instructions of senior faculty
- Ability to speak the local languages
- Passion for human rights specifically for the LGBTQI+ movement
Women with experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
Location: This role is open to applicants living in either Lagos state. See more details below:
To apply, kindly send your CV and cover letter to: . email@example.com Please refer to the job title in the subject line when applying by email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.