Deadline: 1st September, 2023
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The Initiative for Equal Rights (TIERs) is a non-profit organization committed to promoting and protecting human rights in Nigeria. We are dedicated to achieving full equality and inclusion for marginalized communities, including LGBTQ+ people, women, and people with disabilities.
We seek a tenacious, creative, and passionate Communications and Content Associate to join our team. As the Communications and Content Associate, you will work closely with other programmes staff and supervisors in the development of media strategies that will communicate the work of TIERs at different levels of engagement.
- The Content and Communications Associate would oversee the organization’s communications programs.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate TIER’s media and communications outreach programs and services.
- Develop a media strategic plan to guide TIER’s activities, including messaging and identifying key media opportunities.
- Generate content and manage all TIER’s media platforms, including its website and social media platforms.
- Oversee day-to-day media delivery to maintain and improve quality: including writing and editing press releases, blogs, letters to the editor, opinion pieces, producing video + audio materials, commissioning others, and liaising with vendors to produce communication materials.
(Other duties may be assigned)
The candidate is required to possess the following:
- A degree in any field.
- At least one (1) year of relevant work experience in digital marketing, communications, social media management, content creation, and any additional related field.
- Ability to create graphic designs using Canva, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and CorelDraw.
- Ability to create and edit short videos for social media.
- Knowledge of WordPress website management, maintenance, monitoring traffic, and performance.
- Newsletter design and automation.
The Salary Range for the role is Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira (N250,000) monthly. This is a full-time position for employment. We are seeking exceptional applicants and offer excellent employer-paid benefits and work perks.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
To apply, please access the job description by clicking here
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
TIERs believes that diverse teams are strong teams. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity, composed of teams with a mix of genders, ages, education, and multiple tribes, faiths, and socio-economic backgrounds. We encourage candidates of all genders, ages, abilities, orientations, ethnicity, and origins to apply.