Applications are due by 13th July 2020
African Women’s Development Fund invites applications for the award of grants to African women’s rights organizations and groups to support activities that promote the wellbeing of women. Every year, AWDF supports innovative women’s rights groups and organizations under the small grants’ initiative, to coordinate activities around World AIDS Day and 16 Days of Activism against Gender-based violence.
This year, under this initiative, AWDF will focus on education and awareness on preventing violence against women and girls (VAWG) as well as promoting women’s access to comprehensive mental health and wellness services.
- Must have been in existence for at least 3 years
- Must be duly registered, at least with its local government structure
- Must be led by a woman and have a focus on Women’s Rights
- Must have the needed organizational structures for the effective implementation of the project.
- Must have an appreciable financial management system to properly account for funds received.
- Must be capable of reporting back on the outcomes of the project
- Must be highly recommended by a donor agency, a grantee or partner of AWDF, a well-known women’s rights organization, or the local government office.
- Must complete the necessary application forms
- Must have an annual budget of not more than $100,000
Grant Size & Period
The grant size is US$2,000. Therefore, eligible projects should have a budget of not more than US$2,000 to be supported by AWDF funds. The grant periods will be for 4 months from the date of the award.
How to Apply
Interested small-sized women’s rights organizations should send in their proposals using the required application guidelines to the AWDF secretariat via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; The applicant must also complete and include a financial management assessment form and an outcome form.
Download the Application Guidelines and budget templates here