Deadline: December 2, 2019, at 5 pm ET.
The ITF was created to mobilize sustainable resources to help build strong, trans-led movements and support collective action, and to address and eliminate funding gaps impacting trans organizations across the globe. The purpose of the ITF is to:
1. Build & Sustain the Fund | Build and sustain a mechanism to support trans-led organizations of different sizes working on a range of issues at the international, regional, country and local levels, with a particular emphasis on organizations with access to fewer resources.
2. Resource Trans Movements | Increase resources and enhance access to resources to support trans movements, including
• Access to financial resources dedicated to trans-led organizations through grantmaking.
• Access to non-financial resources for trans organizations, such as skills building, organizational strengthening, leadership development, and activist support.
• Access to other and new donors for trans organizations, beyond the ITF’s direct support.
3. Educate Philanthropic Community | Educate peers in the philanthropic community on trans issues and influence other funders and strategic allies in trans-related commitments and strategies.
To be eligible for funding organizations must meet the following criteria:
1. Be trans-led:
a. Trans people must be in decision-making roles, including setting the organization’s strategic and financial priorities and makeup 75% of the staff, spokespeople, and Board or decisionmaking body.
b. If this is not the case, organizations must demonstrate how trans people make a budget, organizational and strategic decisions.
2. Have an operating budget under $150,000 USD.
3. Be a group of people (i.e. not an individual).
4. The main focus of work is to benefit the trans community.
5. Contribute to movement building, not just providing direct services. Applications that do not meet these criteria will be found to be ineligible and will not be reviewed by the GMP