Deadline: December 1, 2018
The ITF is accepting applications to their third grant cycle. They warmly welcome applications from trans-led groups with budgets below $150,000 USD based in any region of the world.
Applying for a Grant
If you are thinking about applying for a grant, here is what you need to know:
- The ITF is flexible and open to funding different forms of organizing. You can be organized as a collective, support group, formal organization, network, project, etc. However, in order to be eligible, your group must be trans-led (a definition is available here).
- Your group does not need to be registered.
- They prefer to make core/general support grants. They trust groups to know what they need. If your group would like to apply for project funding, you can specify this as part of your funding request.
- They are only able to make one-year grants. Most grants will range between $10,000 and $30,000. Grants up to $50,000 may be considered in special circumstances. They do not accept applications for funding of more than $50,000 or less than $5,000.
- They accept applications for funding in English, French, Russian, Simplified Chinese and Spanish.
- All groups must complete the ITF’s application form (available here).
- In order to promote accessibility for all groups, the ITF welcomes video applications. This is limited to organizations that do not have the capacity to write an application but are better able to provide a spoken application in one of their languages (learn more at the bottom of this page).
- This is a highly competitive process. If you applied in the past but were unsuccessful, you may apply again. They strongly encourage you to read the Application Guidelines (here). They are also hosting webinars in several regions, learn more on their website.
- You can find more information at www.transfund.org or contact email@example.com.