The Obama Foundation seeks to identify a group of emerging African leaders from all sectors — government, civil society, and the private sector — who have demonstrated a commitment to advancing the common good.
The objective of the program is to build a growing network of innovative and ethical changemakers, who seek to drive positive change in their communities.
Successful candidates will have a demonstrated potential for impact, a clear commitment to integrity, and a commitment to stay engaged with the Obama Foundation throughout the year and beyond.
We are interested in talented individuals who are on the right trajectory at earlier stages of their journey, as well as those who have already attained success.
The inaugural class of the Leaders Africa Program will convene in Johannesburg, South Africa from July 14 through July 18, 2018, as well as participate in robust online activities throughout the year.
The Obama Foundation will cover costs related to economy class travel, lodging, and meals throughout the July 14-18portion of the program.
Applications should be submitted via the link below, no later than 6:00 PM ET (11:00 PM GMT) on March 25, 2018.
We will notify applicants of their status via email on a rolling basis beginning on April 27, 2018.
- Citizen of an African country
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Emerging leaders from all sectors approximately between 24-40 years of age
- Available to travel to Johannesburg, South Africa from July 14 through July 18, 2018
- Civically minded with a track record of impact
- A clear commitment to integrity
- A commitment to stay engaged with the Obama Foundation throughout the year and beyond
- Ability and inclination to positively transform the future of Africa or their community