Deadline: 20 March 2018
KIOS Foundation has announced a call for proposals 2018 to strengthen the realization of human rights by supporting the human rights work of civil society in developing countries.
Special emphasis is given to proposals focusing on women’s rights and gender equality, human rights defenders, the rights of vulnerable and marginalized groups as well as advocacy work related to the rights of these priority groups.
The first KIOS grant is always for a one-year (12 months) or shorter project. Applications requesting funding for longer projects are not eligible.
Types of Projects
Typical human rights projects/programs funded by KIOS include:
- Human rights campaigning, lobbying and advocacy
- Human rights monitoring and documentation
- Human rights awareness raising and education
- Providing legal aid and assistance
- Capacity building
- Public interest and strategic litigation
- Improving access to justice
- Improving access to services
- Protection of human rights defenders
- Regional cooperation
- Local civil society organisations, groups and networks working on human rights issues in the geographical areas mentioned below.
- Regional human rights initiatives of civil society actors from the regions mentioned below.
- Please note that each applicant can only submit one application on this call for proposals.
- Organisations that have previously received KIOS funding can apply, but only after the previous project funded by KIOS has been completed.
How to Apply
Application Form and Compulsory Attachments
KIOS accepts only applications submitted using the KIOS application form. The form can also be obtained from the KIOS office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application must be signed by a competent authority of the applicant organisation.
Compulsory attachments to the application are:
- The Results Framework of the Project/Program (fill in KIOS form, annex 1)
- Two Written References (for the project/program) (fill in KIOS form, annex 2)
- Project/Program Budget
- Applicant Organisation’s Annual Budget
- Applicant Organisation’s Statutes or By-laws
- Applicant Organisation’s Registration Certificate
- Applicant Organisation’s Annual Report
- Applicant Organisation’s Latest Audit Reports (from the two previous years)
2.3 Submitting Your Application
Complete the application form. Only the applications submitted to KIOS Application form will be considered. Concept papers will not be registered nor commented.
Submit your application with the compulsory attachments by email to email@example.com. Do not send them to other KIOS emails.
Only one application per organisation will be considered at a time.
The first KIOS grant can be for a one-year (12 months or shorter) project.
Organisations that have recently received KIOS funding are welcome to submit their applications throughout the year also outside the official call for proposals. KIOS accepts applications in English and in French. The application form in English can also be completed in French.
- In Eastern Africa:
- Regional human rights initiatives of civil society actors based in and/or especially focusing their work on Burundi, Ethiopia and Rwanda
- In South Asia:
- Sri Lanka
- Regional human rights initiatives of civil society actors based in and/or especially focusing their work on South Asia
For more information, please visit KIOS Call for Proposals.