Deadline: February 15, 2018
Applications are now open for the 2018 MEST Entrepreneurs-in-Training Program in Accra, Ghana. The Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) is looking for the next cohort of Entrepreneurs-in-Training to join its fully-sponsored 1-year training program in 2018! It offers graduate-level entrepreneurial training in business, communications and software development, including extensive hands-on project work, culminating in a final pitch and the chance to receive seed funding.
Since its inception, MEST has invested over $20million in training over 400 individual entrepreneurs and 40+ software companies across Africa. MEST entrepreneurs have developed solutions addressing local, regional and global markets, received follow-on funding from global investors, and been admitted to top accelerator programs such as Y-combinator, 500 startups and TechStars.
After completion of the program, the EITs have the opportunity to pitch a concept. Winning teams receive a seed round from the MEST incubator to pursue their idea.
- A 12 month fully sponsored world class training in global commercial software development
- Substantial hands on training in software development
- A unique opportunity to launch and grow your tech company with access to global markets
- Mentoring and coaching from executives in a variety of global software companies
- Significant personal and professional growth and exciting career potential
- Numerous chances to solve real life business problems with innovative solutions
- Housing, monthly stipend, tuition and meals all covered by MEST.
- Round trip tickets to & from Ghana for all finalists
- Incubation facilities & Access to seed funding for your startup upon the completion of the 12 month program
- A deep passion to start a software company
- Proven record of entrepreneurial and/or corporate work experience
- Strong social and communication skills
- Excellent people skills
- Proven academic excellence
- Demonstrated personal drive, stamina, and self-motivation
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines
- An energetic, positive attitude and ability to work well in a team
- Ability to commit a year in Accra, Ghana participating in the training program starting August 2018
Successful applicants have the following:
- A deep passion for starting a software company
- Entrepreneurial or corporate work experience
- A degree from a top University or Technical College (or equivalent experience)
For more information and to apply, click HERE.