Deadline: 31 March 2018
The NextWorldNow (NWN) Community Investments is accepting applications for its 2018 Grant program. NextWorldNow believes that world communities can work together in an informed way to improve the well-being of each community.
The program is designed for individuals who share a view of a larger self, have decided that they have enough means to live comfortable lives, and want to share their resources with others in a creative and smart way.
Types of Project
The types of projects that they might fund:
- constructing rural health clinic facilities in Zambia for expecting mothers (2015 grantee)
- building a solar powered computer lab at a remote school in Kenya for students and adult community learners (2016 grantee)
- training silk weaving, reeling, and embroidery skills with business management in India (2017 grantee)
- developing greenhouses to support food production and marketing in Mongolia (2017 grantee)
- developing a program to train local tour guides for eco-tourism jobs in Cambodia
- creating a safe water system in Nicaragua
- establishing a wool processing mill for weavers in Ecuador
- starting a local micro-loan bank for small businesses in Indonesia
- funding a start up health clinic site for migrant workers in New Mexico
NextWorldNow Community Investments works with individuals, communities, and other organizations to make this happen. They invite communities with project ideas to submit their requests for funding and also welcome scale-able partnerships with other organizations on joint projects.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must:
- Complete a one page “Notification of Interest” and forward to NextWorldNow
- Receive either a full grant application form for completion or notice of non-selection
- Complete grant application form and submit
- Receive acknowledgement of submission
- Respond to request for additional information if indicated
- Participate in skype interviews if requested
- Receive notice of annual award evaluation and decision
- Full funding
- Partial funding
- Listing on NWN investment options list for possible funding by other parties
- Receive first funds transfer (50% of award)
- Receive second funds transfer (40% of award)
- Submit first year report on outcomes progress
- Receive final funds transfer (10% of award)
- Submit second year report on progress
For more information and to apply, click HERE.