Deadline: 31 January 2018
The Transnet Foundation is seeking applications for its grant program that contributes to economic growth and poverty alleviation in South Africa through the provision of sustainable development to organisations/projects that comply with good business practices and are strategically relevant to the objectives of Transnet SOC Ltd, Operational Divisions and Special Units.
- Women, youth & children
- Arts, culture & publication
- Capacity Building
- Socio-Economic Infrastructure Development
- Uplifting Communities for a Brighter Future: Community-based and non-profit organisations play a crucial role in uplifting impoverished communities, where people mostly don’t have the means to help themselves.
- Helping Organisations to Help Others in Need: Working towards a healthier, more productive, sustainable country, Transnet acknowledges and supports the powerful impact that non-profit organisations and community-based projects have on communities.
- More Than Just Community Involvement: The Transnet Foundation, which drives Transnet’s CSI initiatives, spends close to R160 million per year on community projects and sponsorships.
- Committed to Social and Humanitarian Programmes: To enhance the impact of their donations and to reflect their business model as well as their results-driven corporate culture, Transnet focuses its resources on projects that draw upon the specialist skills and experiences of people.
- Programmes – and People – that have Benefitted From their Help: Making a Difference Trust: The initiative was founded by Karolina Andropoulos, whose daughter succumbed to cancer in a public hospital. It seeks to enhance the quality of care in paediatric units in public hospitals.
Assistance is only given to NPO’s and NGO’s within South Africa only.
For more information and to apply, click HERE.