Deadline: 23 February 2018
The project Towards Greater Gender Equality: Promoting the Role and Image of Women in the Southern Mediterranean Audiovisual Sector-SouthMed WiA has announced a 2nd Call for Proposals to promote gender equality and support the film sector in seven Southern Mediterranean countries: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia.
The overall objective of SouthMed WiA is to strengthen the capacities of the audiovisual operators in the target countries to contribute to sustainable development and cultural diversity, by promoting gender equality and enhancing the image of women in the film sector.
The program contains three lots:
- Lot 1: Research activities
- Lot 2: Training
- Lot 3: Awareness raising and advocacy
- The indicative amount available for the 3 lots is EUR 420,000.
- Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between minimum EUR 80,000 and maximum EUR 100,000.
In order to be eligible, applications must comply with the following conditions:
- Applications must involve at least two partners: one of the partners shall act as lead applicant and the other(s) as co-applicant(s).
- Applicants must be established in one of the seven target countries (mentioned below)
- Applicants must be legally registered organizations, i. e. non-profit organisations, public body, local authorities, SMEs or other economic operators working in the film or audiovisual sector as their professional core activity3
- Lead applicants must be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project proposal with their partners, not acting as an intermediary.
- Lead applicants must have a valid bank account registered under their legal name
For more information and to apply, click HERE.