Deadline: 15 January 2018
Rise Up is seeking applications from interested NGOs and Civil Society leaders to participate in a week-long intensive leadership accelerator program to advance social justice, education and opportunities for girls and women in Lagos, Abuja and surrounding environs in Nigeria.
During this intensive workshop, participants will strengthen their leadership, learn new skills and develop strategies to improve the lives of girls and women in their communities. After the Leadership Accelerator, Rise Up participants will have the opportunity to apply for competitive seed funding to launch their strategies.
- Youth Development
- Economic empowerment, microcredit, or poverty alleviation
- Human rights
- Media/ Health communication
- Community mobilization and community development
- Sustainable development
- Public policy or advocacy
- Environment, natural resource management, conservation
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be leaders between the ages of 18 – 45.
- Be Local residents of Lagos or Abuja, Nigeria and its environs.
- Have personal interest and currently committed to promoting positive changes in programs and policies affecting economic and educational opportunities, human rights, social justice and equity, health, and welfare of girls, and women residing in Lagos or Abuja and surrounding areas.
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in at least three of the above mentioned thematic areas
- Work with an NGO or CSO including the media or government organization at a level of coordination or management.
- Must have the support of the leadership of your organization or institution to participate in a trainingweek in early April, 2018 and entire program.
Rise Up’s ripple methodology empowers leaders to advance social justice, education, and opportunities for girls and women. This methodology includes the following core strategies:
- Leadership Accelerator: Rise up will select 18 leaders in Nigeria to participate in a week-long Accelerator workshop. This intensive workshop will enable participants to strengthen their leadership, learn new skills, and develop strategies that improve the lives of girls and women in their communities.
- Social Justice Fund: Following the Leadership Accelerator, Rise Up participants will have the opportunity to apply for competitive seed funding to launch their strategies that advance education, equity, opportunity and social justice for women and girls in their countries.
- Girls’ Empowerment Pipeline: Rise Up will empower girls (ages 12-18) to realize their own potential and speak out as leaders in their communities and countries.
- Amplify Women’s & Girls’ Voices: Rise Up will create tools and resources that support participants’ strategies, including case studies, videos, and curricula that leaders can use to advance social justice for girls and women.
For more information and to apply, click HERE.