Deadline: 19 January 2018
Applications are open for International Women’s Media Foundation’s (IWMF) Reporting Grants for Women’s Stories which is sponsored by The Secular Society, is a new funding initiative supporting journalism produced by and about women.
In an era of increased globalization, the need for varied coverage of gendered topics is critical to a free and representative press. These grants will be a catalyst for reporting on untold stories surrounding issues that impact women and girls’ daily lives worldwide.
The IWMF’s Reporting Grants on Women’s Stories initiative empowers journalists to access untold stories through new means of funding that emphasizes gender balanced reporting.
- These grants provide opportunities for women journalists to pursue international stories of importance through gender-sensitive coverage of under-reported topics.
- Grants will average $5,000 USD.
- Grants will be awarded to cover reporting-related costs including travel (flights, ground transportation, and drivers), logistics, visa fees, and payment for fixers/translators.
- Women journalists from anywhere in the world are eligible to apply.
- Professional Journalism must be the applicant’s primary profession.
- Applicants must have three or more years of professional journalism experience.
- All answers and documents must be in English