Applications are open for Entrepreneurs’ Organization’s Global Student Entrepreneur Awards 2018. The Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA) is the premier global competition for student entrepreneurs who actively run a business. EO GSEA nominees compete in qualifying competitions for the chance to the Global Finals, held in April 2018 in Toronto, Canada.
With over 2,000 competitors from over 56 countries, EO GSEA is an exclusive opportunity for student entrepreneurs to make connections, find resources, and grow their businesses! The local chapters of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) will host live competitions at the local and national levels, which will serve as a qualifying event for GSEA Finals in Toronto, Canada, April 14-17, 2018.
Prizes are generally a combination of cash and business services and will vary by location.
- Students compete for a prize package of $20,000 USD in cash and a total value of over $40,000 USD, including travel and lodging expense paid trip to compete in GSEA Finals in Toronto
- Second place will receive $10,000 USD
- Third place will receive $5,000 USD
- Additional rewards are given at the Global Finals for Social Impact, Innovation, and Lessons from the Edge
- Access to successful entrepreneurs, allowing for feedback and membership opportunities
- Refined elevator pitches, going head-to-head with other business owners and answering tough questions about their businesses to judges who can help them improve their pitch skills
- Expanded networks from competitors meeting other student entrepreneurs from around the world, including EO members and honored guests
- Competitors receive local and national media exposure for themselves and their businesses
- You must be enrolled for the current academic year in a university/college as an undergraduate or graduate student at time of application (part-time enrollment accepted)
- You must be the owner, founder, or controlling shareholder of your company and principally responsible for its operation. Only one owner may represent each business
- Your business must have been in operation for at least six consecutive months prior to application
- Your business must have generated $500 USD or received $1,000 USD in investments by the time of application
- You should not have been one of the top six finalists from any previous GSEA Global Finals Competition
- The age cap for participation is 35
Road to the Global Finals
- Meet above eligibility requirements
- You apply and compete in a local competition
- You win a national competition
- You advance to the GSEA Finals with 50 of the world’s best student entrepreneurs
- Win the award and become a rockstar business!
To apply to the competition, click HERE.