Deadline: 31 December 2017
Applications are open for 2018 Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative (CYFI) for all citizens and permanent residents of Nigeria currently residing in Lagos.
The CYFI seeks to develop a select group of young Nigerians into ethical and impactful leaders by connecting them with mentorship, networking, training and funding opportunities over the course of an intensive fellowship year.
The CYFI fellowship is built around year-long social innovation projects that are designed by fellows and supported by the U.S. Consulate and private partners. Following successful completion of their projects, fellows remain involved with CYFI and the U.S. Consulate through the CYFI Alumni Program.
- Implement concrete, youth-oriented solutions to issues that concern applicants
- Access U.S. Government resources and contacts
- Catch the attention of American and Nigerian leaders in the public and private sectors
- Work alongside talented and motivated peers with diverse backgrounds, but similar visions
- Participate in CYFI Alumni Program
Fellowship is looking for:
- Passion: Applicants are committed to making a significant contribution to their community and country.
- Skill & Experience: Applicants have a unique set of skills and experiences that they can use to make an impact
- Strategic Thinking: Applicants are excited about the opportunity to launch an innovative CYFI project. They know how to design a project that is based on sound research, uses resources creatively, builds or improves on existing systems, and leverages partnerships with complimentary organisations.
- Vision: Applicants know the area of social change in which they would like to work, and they can articulate the positive change that they would like to make.
The 2018 application is open to all citizens and permanent residents of Nigeria currently residing in Lagos.
For more information and to apply, click HERE.