Deadline: December 7, 2017
New Europe College (NEC) Institute for Advanced Study in Bucharest, Romania is now accepting applications for fellowships in the academic year 2018-2019. The program targets young researchers/academics working in the fields of humanities, social studies, and economics.
The fellows are chosen by the NEC International Academic Advisory Board for the duration of one academic year, or one term. They gather for weekly research and participate in the scientific events organization by NEC.
The fellows are expected to work on their own projects and take part in the scientific events organized by the New Europe College. At the end of their fellowship, each fellow is expected to hand in a research paper reflecting the results of his/her work over the duration of the fellowships. The papers will be included in a NEC publication.
The fellows receive a monthly stipend. Fellows are invited for one academic year and are given the opportunity of a research trip abroad, at a university or research institute of their choice. At the end of their fellowship, the fellows submit papers representing the results of their research, which are published in the New Europe College yearbooks.
Duration of the Program
- For Romanian citizens: a full academic year (10 months, October through July)
- For non-Romanian citizens: a) a full academic year or b) a one-term fellowship (October through February, or March through July).
The fellowship consists of:
- a monthly stipend of 750 Euro (tax free)
- International transportation to and from the home country of the fellows at the beginning and the end of the fellowship, as well as for season holidays
The fellows who stay for the whole academic year, a one-month research trip abroad to an institution of their choice (1,500 Euro for transportation, accommodation, and per diem). As an alternative, they can opt for field research in or out of Romania.
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D title
- Preference is given to candidates under the age 40, and to a NEC fellowship
- Working languages: English, French, German. A good command of English is desirable
- Applications will be submitted in electronic format only, to email@example.com
- Candidates are asked to enter in the subject field of their email message “NEC Fellowship”
The application form, the application guidelines and additional information on New Europe College can be requested by email via firstname.lastname@example.org or downloaded from here:
The applicants will be notified on the results of the pre-selection in the first half of March 2018, by email. The shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview organized on April 18-20, 2018.