Deadline: 24 November 2017
The Sol Plaatje Institute (SPI) for Media Leadership at Rhodes University in South Africa, in collaboration with the Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa (OSISA) invites applications for 10 postgraduate scholarships from Southern African women media leaders who wish to study media management at the SPI for Media Leadership in 2018.
The PDMM is equivalent to an honours degree, it is pegged at Level 8 on the National Qualifications Framework set by South Africa’s qualifications-setting agency SAQA and combines rigorous theoretical and practical grounding, a mid-year management internship and a comprehensive academic portfolio at the end of the year.
The PDMM is composed of eight compulsory modules covering media economics and financial management; media markets, audiences and advertising; managing media content; managing circulation and distribution; media management and leadership; media management contexts, policy and institutions; new media and convergence; and human resources management.
The OSISA scholarships cover:
- The full cost of tuition
- Accommodation and meals in one of Rhodes University’s postgraduate residences
- All learning materials
- A modest monthly subsistence allowance
- Medical aid
- Mid-year media management internship costs.
- Only women candidates who are already working in the media industry in the 10 Southern African countries.
- Candidates should already have an undergraduate degree from a recognised university.
How to Apply
Click HERE to download application forms.
Eligible Countries: Angola, Botswana, the DRC, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit 2018 OSISA Scholarships.