Deadline: 5 December 2017
Are you a leader with a vision? Do you want to make a change? If yes, then apply for the Young Leaders Visitors Programme (YLVP)!
The Swedish Institute is seeking applications for its Young Leaders Visitors Programme (YLVP) that aims to support young leaders in the MENA-region and Sweden by giving them the tools and methods they need in their work for an equal and sustainable society.
All participants are experts in their field, and learning will take place between participants and through external experts. YLVP is as much about personal as professional development. It is about growing as a person with renewed confidence and insights, and growing as a leader with new tools, methods and perspectives.
YLVP is made up of four weeks divided into two modules at separate times. YLVP is an intensive programme with a full-day schedule and many evening activities, and all selected participants will have to commit to participating in all activities of both Module 1 and 2.
- Module 1 (in Stockholm, Sweden, 23 April – 11 May, 2018)
- Module 2 (location to be decided, 13–19 October, 2018)
YLVP will give you:
- New tools, methods and perspectives that is needed when working for an equal and sustainable society.
- Greater understanding of the environment and issues on a local, regional and global level
- Personal insights and self-awareness as a leader, a change-maker and a person
- Meet and get to exchange ideas with other experts, inspire each other and share experiences on common challenges.
- Hands-on training with digital tools, tactics and security
- A strong and active alumni network that support each other in driving important changes in society
Applicants can apply to YLVP if applicants:
- Have a leading position in your work for social change (for example in your work as a civil servant, a youth politician, a legal worker, a journalist, a social worker, a social entrepreneur or a cultural worker).
- Work in a collaborative setting, where you have a leadership role (formal or informal)
- Are working actively for democracy, sustainability, diversity and/or human rights
- Are between 22 and 32 years old
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- Are a citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen. Note: Palestinian ID holders, including Jerusalem ID.
Click HERE to Apply.