Deadline: 15 October 2017.
DSW (Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevoelkerung) has announced a call for applications to join the YouthCan!training programme on advocacy for Family Planning and Reproductive Health.
DSW is seeking applications from youth-focused (with a special preference for youth-led) CSOs in Tanzania and Kenya. The capacity development workshops in Tanzania and Kenya will take place between March and June 2018.
The training programme is a component of a larger Capacity Development project, aiming to strengthen local advocacy leadership on Family Planning and Reproductive Health (FPRH) in East Africa, and offers an opportunity for CSOs in Tanzania and Kenya to strengthen their advocacy skills and knowledge, learn about new tools and approaches, as well as to share knowledge and exchange with other CSOs.
In each of the two countries, DSW will select up to 6 youth-focused (with a special preference for youth-led) organizations who will participate in foundational trainings to develop their capacity to conduct effective and meaningful advocacy in their regions/ districts. Based on an in-depth capacity and needs assessment of the selected organizations, DSW will develop contextualized training materials. Over the course of four months, DSW will facilitate four trainings, each lasting five-days.
- Organizational vision and advocacy strategy development
- Policy frameworks and processes in Family Planning and Reproductive Health
- Techniques and tools for evidence-based advocacy
- Collaboration and networking in advocacy
Benefits and Obligations
- Selected CSOs can send two representatives of their organization at no cost to attend the four five-day training workshops
- Selected CSOs need to sign an agreement with DSW, committing to active engagement in the training program and beyond
- The selected two representatives are obliged to transfer the knowledge to other staff in their organization and to the management
- Youth-focussed or youth-led CSO
- Previous experience in Advocacy for Family Planning or Reproductive Health
- CSO must have experience managing and implementing projects with external funding
- Tanzanian applicants: Locally registered and active in any of the following regions:
- Shinyanga, Mwanza, Dodoma, Daressalaam, or Arusha
- Kenyan applicants: Locally registered and active in any of the following counties:
- Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, West Pokot, Transnzoia, Uasin Gishu
How to Apply:
Download and complete the application form HERE.