Deadline: 2 October 2017
The Virginia Gildersleeve International Fund (VGIF) is seeking letter of intents (LOIs) for its Single-year Grants program to support Community Based Organizatons (CBOs) and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) that are:
- Governed and directed primarily by women
- Grassroots and community-based. All project staff must be in-country.
VGIF envisions a world where gender equality prevails and where women and girls can access or create opportunities for themselves and the greater community. VGIF believes that investing in women-led grassroots initiatives can have a life-affirming impact that changes lives and empowers women and girls.
VGIF provides grants globally to fund locally generated projects that advance the rights of women and girls; projects that help improve the lives of women and girls by advancing women’s rights and social justice.
VGIF awards single-year grants (up to $7,500) through an open call for applications, as well as 3-year project grants by invitation only.
VGIF supports projects that advance the rights of women and girls across a number of topic areas including, but not limited to:
- Economic empowerment
- Health and wellness
- Leadership and building movements
- Environment, food and water security
- Women’s legal rights
- Projects located in all countries except the USA, Canada, and countries in Western Europe are eligible for funding.
- VGIF does NOT support any of the following:
- Individual scholarships or tuition
- The purchase of land or major construction projects
- Organizations that discriminate against individuals or groups based on gender, age, race, caste, color, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation
- The purchase of airline tickets and related expenses for international travel
How to Apply
- VGIF has a two-step process for grant applications. The first step is the Letter of Intent (LOI).
- Applicants whose LOI is approved will be invited to submit a full application, also an online form.
- Applicants can submit their LOIs via given website.
For more information and to apply, please visit Grants.