Deadline: August 25th 2017.
Youth RISE is searching for an International Coordinator who is responsible for managing and driving the network. They are looking for a young person who is passionate about drug policy, harm reduction and the rights of young people who use drugs. A young person who is willing to take responsibility and initiative and has strong strategic and organizational skills. An ability to connect, lead, motivate and make things happen is a must. The position is challenging but immensely rewarding and provides the individual with many opportunities for career and professional development.
ABOUT YOUTH RISE:
Youth RISE (Resource. Information. Support. Education) is an international, youth-led organisation of young people committed to confronting the reality that young people today live in a world where drugs are more accessible on the street than the education and resources needed to reduce their harm. Current drug policies focused on prevention ignore the reality that some young people around the world use drugs for a variety of reasons, and they are getting sick, being incarcerated, and too often being shunned from society. This is unacceptable. Youth RISE aims to raise-up the voices of young people affected by drug policy, those who use drugs and those who seek to empower them.
• Relevant qualification in public health or related discipline
• Experience working with young people who use drugs and well developed
knowledge and understanding of current youth drug policy issues nationally
• Experience in advocacy and knowledge of effective advocacy strategies.
• Demonstrated capacity for innovation, creativity and strategic thinking.
• Proven stakeholder relationship management- an ability to build relationships
and strategic partnerships with Youth RISE stakeholders including key non-
government, government, and community partners.
• Experience in fundraising and grant proposal writing.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with diverse
• Highly developed written and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated experience in international drug policy and harm reduction advocacy.
• Demonstrated experience in financial and organizational management.
How to Apply:
To learn more and to apply, please click HERE.