Deadline: 31 July 2017
Applications are open for The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC)” with an aim to deepen the status of young people as key actors in Africa’s development targets and goals, enhancing their participation in policy development as well as design and implementation of relevant interventions towards the Africa Union’s Agenda 2063, ‘The Africa we want’.
It brings people together to share skills, knowledge, creativity and learning to build a more integrated, prosperous and peaceful Continent driven by its citizens. The volunteering opportunities are intended to build professionalism and a sense of responsibility among the participants, thus enhancing their employability.
Applicants have to meet the following criteria:
- Citizen of an AU Member State living on the continent or the Diaspora.
- Aged between 18 – 35 years.
- Have a post-secondary certified qualification(s) (TVET, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent).
- Available in 2018 to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for volunteer work.
- Willing to live and work in another AU Member State.
- Is proficient in at least one AU working language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese).
- Has at least one year verifiable volunteering experience and one year professional work experience.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Western Sahara.