DEADLINE: July 20, 2017.
FRIDA is looking for young feminist advisors from Sub Saharan Africa, Eastern Europe, Caucasus, Central and North Asia & Latin America regions to join its Global Advisory Committee.
Founded in 2011, FRIDA | The Young Feminist Fund is the only youth-led fund focused exclusively on supporting global young feminist activism to advance social justice movements and agendas. FRIDA aims to bring new resources and new opportunities to girls, young women and trans youth globally.
1. Fluent in English language and at least in one of the following languages: Spanish,
Portuguese, Lusophone Africa, French or Russian.
2. Preferably engaged or working in the following thematic areas: environment and climate
justice, IT (technology, applications, web-development etc), law and justice, sex workers
rights, safety and security, movement building and social justice organizing; grassroots
organization development and leadership.
Must haves for eligible candidates:
● 2-3 years demonstrated commitment to advancing women’s rights, equality and
non-discrimination and feminist movement building;
● 3 or more years involvement with young women’s organizations/initiatives
working for women’s rights, including time in a leadership role at a local, national,
regional or global level;
● Functional spoken and written one or more of the following languages: Spanish,
Portuguese, Lusophone Africa, French or Russian
● Skills in such areas as project management, communications, workshop facilitation,
capacity-building, movement building and/or monitoring and evaluation;
Please review the requirements and criteria (Advisor Terms of Reference document), and if
you are interested, submit a cover letter, CV and completed FRIDA advisory application
form to firstname.lastname@example.org.