Deadline: 31 August 2017
The U.S. Embassy in Lilongwe, Malawi has announced that funding is available through its U.S. Ambassador’s PEPFAR Small Grants Program (PSGP) which is funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
As part of this national response, the PSGP seeks to support grassroots, community-run projects throughout Malawi. In 2017-2018, PSGP focuses specifically on innovative solutions to ensure children in Malawi are born free of HIV and stay free of HIV. This requires ensuring voices from the youth born and living with HIV/AIDS (YLWHA) are heard in developing interventions and solutions, helping fellow youth make informed choices regarding HIV prevention, treatment, and adherence.
Priority Program Areas
In 2017, PSGP will provide support to organizations that work directly with communities to implement projects to ensure:
- Voices from youth born and living with HIV/AIDS (YLWHA) are heard in helping fellow youth make informed choices on HIV prevention, treatment, and adherence. YLWHA will serve as role models in schools and communities in which they live.
- Targeted testing and treatment adherence interventions are supported through innovative approaches that reach adolescents and men in particular.
- Cultural and legal barriers that result in hostile environments creating barriers to equal access to healthservices for young people living with and affected by HIV /AIDS are addressed.
- Gaps in service provision towards young people, women, and men living with HIV are identified and realistic solutions developed.
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $10,000 to a maximum of $25,000
- Total available funding: $200,000
- Length of performance period: One year (1 year)
The Ambassador’s PEPFAR Small Grants Program will only accept proposals from:
- Registered not-for-profit organizations, including civil society/non-governmental organizations, with programming experience actively addressing the HIV pandemic in Malawi
- Established, registered grassroots community-based organizations (CBOs) and Faith Based Organizations (FBOs).
- The organizations should also be registered with Council for Non-Governmental Organizations (CONGOMA) and NGO Board.
- For-profit, commercial entities and individuals are not eligible to apply.
Eligible Country: Malawi
For more information, please visit U.S. Embassy in Malawi.