Scholarship application deadline: July 29th 2017.
The International Conference on AIDS and Sexually Transmitted Infections in Africa (ICASA) is a major international AIDS conference which takes place in Africa. Its current biennial hosting alternates between Anglophone and Francophone African countries. The 2017 ICASA will be held in Côte d’Ivoire.
ICASA 2017 is expected to convene over 10,000 delegates from nearly 150 countries, including 200 journalists. The conference will be held from 4th to 9th December 2017 in Sofitel Abidjan Hotel Ivoire. Society for AIDS in Africa, the custodian of ICASA, with more than 5,000 members in 56 countries, is organizing ICASA 2017 in collaboration with international and local partners. ICASA will be an important opportunity to share the benefits of such partnerships with other countries.
The conference will be chaired by Dr Ihab AbdelRhaman Ahmed, an epidemiologist and President of the Society for AIDS in Africa (SAA). It will be co-chaired by Dr. Raymonde Coffie Goudou, Ministry of Health representing the Government of Côte d’Ivoire. The conference will be an excellent opportunity to promote inter-sectoral achievements in the AIDS response and to strengthen the partnership among governments, civil society, and development partners.
THE OBJECTIVES OF ICASA 2017
1. Promote innovation, partnerships to increase domestic investments to achieve 90/90/90 targets
2. Integrate approaches for sustainable Responses towards ending AIDS, TB, Hepatitis and associated diseases
3. Translating science into action to maximize programme impact
4. Provide a platform to Maintain and Sustain Investment for CSO and FBO’s
5. Provide a platform to promote rights-based models to overcome structural and policy barriers towards universal access
How to Apply:
For abstract submission, registration and scholarship applications, please create a profile by clicking HERE and then click on the REGISTER icon.
For the conference program, click HERE.