Deadline: 31 July 2017
If you are a Burundian or Malawian citizen between the ages of 18 and 28 and are currently living in your home country, here is your turn to have your say! The World Bank wants to hear your ideas on how to boost job opportunities for youth in Burundi and Malawi. Enter the #Blog4Dev contest, and you could win a trip to Washington, D.C. or an attachment with the World Bank in Burundi and Malawi!
- Two winners each from both Burundi and Malawi will win an all-expense paid trip to Washington DC for one week.
- Two more winners each from both Burundi and Malawi will enjoy 2-weeks attachments to the World Bank office in their respective countries.
- All top four entries for Burundi or Malawi will be published on the WBG’s Nasikiliza blog page, and also promoted on World Bank social media channels. These will be credited to the respective bloggers.
- To be eligible for the #Blog4Dev contest, applicant must:
- Be a Burundian or Malawian citizen
- Be currently living in Burundi or Malawi
- Be between the ages of 18 and 28
- Send your 500-word original blog written in French.
- Ability to hold a conversation in English for Malawi applicants and French for Burundi applicants.
- Selection Criteria:
- A panel of expert judges from inside and outside the World Bank Group will review all the entries, select the top 10 from each countries, conduct interviews and thereafter select the winners.
- The winning submissions will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Clarity and applicability.
How to Apply
To enter the competition, submit your original blog entry of not more than 500 words by July 31, 2017.
CLICK HERE to apply
Eligible Country: Burundi and Malawi