As a starting point, the AUC therefore proposes a comprehensive media campaign focusing on engagement with the African Youth, which will be owned and run by young Africans.
– Evaluate opportunities to engage young people, particularly non-conventional platforms and networks.
– Devise strategies for the provision of relatable information to young Africans on the Demographic Dividend, and stimulate awareness at the grassroots level.
– Empower audiences at different levels to understand and take ownership of the Demographic Dividend agenda
• Must be between the ages of 15 and 35 years old and African citizen of either gender (female applicants are highly encouraged).
• Should have excellent command (written and oral) of any of the AU’s 4 working languages; English, French, Arabic and Portuguese. The ability to work in 2 or more languages is an added advantage.
• Must have a valid passport.
• Must be able to demonstrate leadership in Communications, Marketing, Branding or Public Relations
• Must be active and effective on any social media platform (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.).