Deadline: 25 July 2017
The International Women Media Foundation (IWMF) is currently inviting women journalists from around the world for its Howard G. Buffett Fund to support the production of ambitious projects and underreported, globally important stories.
The Howard G. Buffett Fund for Women Journalists, the first funding initiative of its kind, enables the IWMF to dramatically expand its support of women journalists.
The IWMF will make an annual total of $230,000 worth of grants to support women journalists in their projects and endeavors.
The fund was designed to help women journalists by providing grantees support to:
- Expose under-reported but critical global issues
- Undertake ambitious projects that challenge traditional media narratives
- Develop field-based expertise and strengthen careers
- Pursue training and leadership opportunities
- Launch entrepreneurial news projects or acquire the skill to do so
- Woman-identifying journalists from anywhere in the world are eligible to apply.
- Professional Journalism must be the applicant’s primary profession.
- Applicants must have three or more years of professional journalism experience.
- Teams of journalists may apply, however the submission must be from a woman journalist and her team must include at least 50% women.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via website below.
For more information, please visit Howard G. Buffett Fund.