Deadline: 5 July 2017
The Embassy of Finland in Dar es Salaam is accepting concept notes from eligible organizations for its Fund for Local Cooperation (FLC) with an aim to build partnerships between the civil society organisations, private sector and the Embassy of Finland and to support the organisations so that they can operate more effectively.
The Embassy of Finland’s Fund for Local Cooperation (FLC) builds on the view that sustainable development cannot be achieved without an active civil society. In Tanzania, civil society organizations are needed both for their advocacy work as well as service delivery.
- Good governance, anti corruption and transparency, freedom of expression, accountability,
- Human rights defenders, youth and vulnerable groups,
- Violence against women and women´s economic empowerment
The funding decisions are made on annual basis and generally funding per project is 20 000 – 50 000 euros.
- Any organisation/project selected for funding has to meet the following criteria and present the information in the project document.
- Organisation/project has to:
- Apply Results Based Management (RBM) and Human Rights Based Approach to Development (HRBA)
- Promote and strengthen participatory development processes
- Have a long term strategy/plan of action
- Be registered as CSO or private company under the Tanzanian law
- Promote democratic decision making within the organisation
- FLC Partners are requested to apply key elements of Finnish development policy and quality standards, namely the Results Based Management (RBM), Human Rights Based Approach to Development (HRBA) and Cross-Cutting Objectives (CCOs) in their project plans.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their concept notes online through the given website.
Eligible Country: Tanzania
For more information, please visit Fund for Local Cooperation.