Deadline: 31 July 2017
The U.S. Embassy in Kigali, Rwanda is inviting applications for its Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program that brings accomplished professionals from developing countries to the United States at a midpoint in their careers for a one year program of non-degree study and related professional activities.
The program seeks to foster an exchange of knowledge and mutual understanding between American citizens and professional counterparts from Rwanda.
Fields of Studies
Fellowships are available in the following fields:
- Natural Resources and Environmental Management
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Economic Development
- Agricultural Development/Agricultural Economics
- Finance and Banking
- Law and Human Rights
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Education, including planning, administration, and curriculum development
- Public Health Policy and Management
- HIV/AIDS policy and prevention
The Hubert Humphrey Fellowship provides:
- Round-trip economy international travel for the grantee;
- Tuition and university fees, settling-in and monthly maintenance allowances, funding for books and professional activities ;
- Limited accident and sickness insurance but does not include pre-existing conditions and pregnancy
To be eligible for a Humphrey Fellowship, applicants must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Five years of substantial professional experience following university degree
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and a record of public service
- Fluency or functional English experience
- Successful applicants will be placed at participating universities in the United States for the August 2018-June 2019 academic year.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must complete and submit their applications through the Embark online application system given on the website.
To apply, please visit Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program.