Deadline: 1 September 2017
Applications are open for Africa 2017 Photo Competition that is sponsored by Agility. The story of today’s Africa – young, growing, urbanizing, and tech-savvy – needs to be told. As a company committed to supporting local capacity in Africa, Agility wants to capture the hope, aspirations and confidence of a new generation of Africans and the continent that they are rapidly reshaping. They are looking for images that will open the eyes of the world to today’s vibrant, modern African reality.
Prize & Benefit
- Each category winner will receive a prize of US$2,000, and the grand prize winner will receive an additional $2,000.
- Winning photographs will also be featured in leading magazines and events.
- Africa’s transformation is being driven by growth and modernization in energy, manufacturing, agriculture, logistics and transportation and consumer goods. Agility are seeking photos that illustrate the strides Africa is making in productivity, commerce, consumer demand and investment.
- Africa’s transformation has been accelerated by technology that gives its citizens the ability to connect to one another and the world as never before. Agility seek photos that show how people use technology to improve their lives or that showcase Africa’s technological innovation.
- Africa’s political and commercial capitals are becoming global mega-cities as the continent urbanizes at a historic pace. More than 40% of Africans now live in cities. Agility are looking for photos that capture stories of urban life across Africa.
- Photos will be judged on:
- Compatibility with the theme of a modern, hopeful Africa;
- Creativity and photographic quality; and
- Impact and inspiration.
- The contest will involve two round(s) of judging. In the first round, panels of judges will shortlist 30 photos per category. In the second round, a different panel of judges will select the winning photo per category. No employee of Sponsor will sit on the final judging panel.
- Sponsor may also offer a “viewer’s choice” award in the future, where people can independently choose their favourite photo.
- The Africa 2017 Photo Competition (the “Competition”) is open to professional and amateur photographers 18 years of age and older.
- No employees of Sponsor or its affiliates, or their immediate family members, can participate in the competition.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit this link.