Deadline: June 23, 2017.
All Out is a global movement for love and equality. Their mission is to build a world where no person will have to sacrifice family or freedom, safety or dignity, because of who they are or who they love. By mobilising millions of people around the world at key moments of crisis and opportunity, they are bringing people power to the movement for equality at an unprecedented rate. They use creative campaigning tactics – both online and offline – to capture global attention around the fight for the rights of lesbian, gay, bi, and trans people.
Who They’re Looking for:
Allout is recruiting for an Africa-based Campaigner to join their team. The ideal candidate for this position is passionate about campaigning for LGBT rights, has experience running campaigns and/or other communication projects, is skilled in building partnerships, and has a notable interest in online innovation. All Out campaigners are excited about taking strategic risks, acting boldly, and creatively engaging with our campaigns around the world.
• Identify, pitch, and manage rapid-response campaigns and fundraisers around global crises and opportunities for LGBT rights, ensuring they have a strong theory of change and potential for a win;
• Establish and manage partnerships with LGBT organisations and networks to develop and run campaigns;
• Use digital tools to test and monitor the performance of campaign emails, action pages, social shares, and paid social advertising;
• Design and implement tactics to ensure campaigns have a real-world impact, and reach audiences beyond All Out’s current pool of members and donors;
• Write inspiring email and social media copy;
• Stay on top of latest trends and developments in online campaigning and translate this into innovative actionable ideas for All Out and its partners;
• Work collaboratively with other campaigners and interns, helping them think creatively and execute on ambitious campaigning goals. Eventually manage interns.
This position can be based anywhere in Africa.
Essential skills and experience:
• A commitment to strengthening the voice of LGBT people as a path toward progressive change;
• At least 3 years of professional experience. Experience in online campaigning or digital strategy is highly desirable, with a strong preference for those who have experience in digital supporter engagement;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a solid understanding of storytelling;
• Meticulous attention to detail;
• An entrepreneurial, self-motivated, organised and deadline-obsessed attitude;
• Ability to operate in a high-paced environment, in a remote work setup, and deliver effectively to tight deadlines without compromising quality;
• Demonstrated ability to develop networks and manage strategic partnerships;
• Cultural sensitivity and the ability to work effectively with a diverse set of people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds;
• Fluency in verbal and written English. Additional language skills are a plus (particularly French, German, Italian, Portuguese or Spanish);
• Great sense of humour!
To Apply for this position, please click HERE.
This position can be based anywhere in Africa. Pay and benefits are highly competitive and based on experience. This is a permanent position.