Deadline: 2 August 2017
Euro-Mediterranean Foundation is seeking applications for its Standard Intervention Program with an aim to fund small human rights organizations, groups and human right defenders by reinforcing their operations and human capacities in order to enable them create structures or implement innovative activities effectively in the arab region.
The Foundation aims at supporting human rights defenders, regardless of their gender, in consideration of the following:
1. Their activities in promoting and protecting the universally recognized rights and freedoms of third parties;
2. Their activities as individuals or as a group;
3. Their use of peaceful and non-violent means in their work.
Economic, social and cultural rights
Empowerment of women
Empowerment of young people
Protection of minorities and refugees
Fight against impunity
Rehabilitation and reintegration, etc.
The amount of funding requested may not exceed € 40,000. It sometimes falls between €5,000 and €30,000.
The maximum duration of support is 12-18 months.
1. The support mechanism is aimed at defenders who pursue human rights activities in the following countries: Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Israel, Syria, and Palestine.
2. Special attention is devoted to the countries of the region where the needs are especially critical because of the regional context (Syria, Algeria, Tunisia and Egypt).
3. Projects with positive spill-over effects outside the region (for example in Europe and the Persian Gulf) may eventually receive funding if it is shown that they can have a positive impact on the situation of human rights defenders in the region.
4. The Foundation aims at providing financial support to regional, national and local human rights NGOs and institutes as well as individuals, who promote, support, protect and monitor the observance of human rights in the South-Mediterranean region.
Click HERE for more information and to apply.