The World YWCA, with support of partners, is convening the 2nd Youth Forum prior to the 35th HRC in Geneva, in June 2017. If you’re a young man or young woman who is passionate about human rights and active and interested in advancing knowledge, influencing policy and amplifying youth voices and leadership on Human Rights, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
If you are selected to participate, you will join 150 young people from around the world for a week of discussion, debate and learning how to engage with HRC processes. As a participant in the Youth Forum, you will not only discuss global issues concerning young people, but also help draft a declaration to be presented during HRC 35.
1. Airfare to Geneva and back to your home country
2. Your accommodation in Geneva
3. Your meals and transport in Geneva
4. Health insurance during your stay in Geneva
5. Reimbursement of fees for your Swiss visa
1. Ability to speak on behalf of young people and the critical issues young people face in your country along with a creative desire to learn and contribute to the dialogue and sessions of the Youth Forum and Human Rights Council.
2. A willingness to make presentations, create messages on social media, write blogs, facilitate and act as a scribe.
3. A strong commitment and dedicated passion to achieve human rights for young people, in particular young women’s rights and leadership.
4. A good working knowledge of either English or French (oral and written) is essential.
5. You must be between 18 and 29 years of age on 1 June 2017.
Knowledge of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the connections and ability to work in your country on achieving the SDGs
6. A commitment to talk and follow up action back in your country
7. A commitment to participate in pre Human Rights Council consultations and online dialogues.
8. You must be a citizen and live in your country (see list above under “Scholarships for young people from certain countries”)
To apply and for more information, click HERE