Deadline: 16th May 2017.
The IWMF’s Reporting Grants for Women’s Stories, sponsored by The Secular Society, is a funding initiative supporting journalism produced by and about women. In an era of increased globalization, the need for varied coverage of gendered topics is critical to a free and representative press. These grants will be a catalyst for reporting on untold stories surrounding issues that impact women and girls’ daily lives worldwide. These grants provide opportunities for women journalists to pursue international stories of importance through gender-sensitive coverage of underreported topics.
Grant Cycle and Size:
1. Grants will average $5,000 USD.
2. Grants will be awarded to cover reporting-related costs including travel (flights, ground transportation, drivers), logistics, visa fees, and payment for fixers/translators.
3. All applications must be filled out online via the IWMF’s online application system.
The IWMF will accept applications twice per year. Please keep this is mind when creating proposed project timelines. Applicants may apply concurrently for Reporting Grants for Women’s Stories and the Howard G. Buffett Fund for Women Journalists.
1. Women journalists from anywhere in the world are eligible to apply.
2. Professional Journalism must be the applicant’s primary profession.
3. Applicants must have three or more years of professional journalism experience.
4. All answers and documents must be in English. Due to the high volume of applications we cannot answer questions by phone. Please review the application guide and frequently asked questions on our website prior to beginning this application.
Letters of support or recommendation will not be accepted with the initial submission.